Estimator / Project Manager
ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment, Los Angeles, CA
ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment is seeking an Estimator / Project Manager. The Estimator / Project Manager works with our sales and engineering teams to prepare material and labor cost estimates based on customer specifications for switchgear and other control equipment that we manufacture. The Estimator / Project Manager will take responsibility for supporting projects from quotation to closing.
- Gather and review proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents to determine scope of work.
- Reviewing & analyzing customer’s documents
- Electrical Specification for MCSG, MEIS & SWBD Etc
- Single Line Diagram (CBs, protection relays, meters, special function devices etc.)
- Blue prints (Plan dwgs and other related dwgs)
- Communicate with customers during bid phase for clarifications and scope information to complete estimates.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements for each project.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing information from suppliers, vendors, and purchasing department and update estimate sheets accordingly.
- Work on multiple estimates simultaneously.
- Partner with engineering, business development, and project management teams to help understand the technical pieces of the project.
- Continue to be the point-of-contact for customers should any issues arise during or after the close of projects.
Knowledege / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting required deadlines
- Ability to understand technical electrical and mechanical drawings and requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Understanding of contractual language is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field preferred.
- Coursework in a related field/industry
- At least 3 years of experience as an estimator or similar role
About ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment
ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment is the parent company of Power Controls Inc (PCI), Hardware Resource Company (HRC), and ROMAC Supply. We are a leading manufacturer, re-manufacturer, and supplier of low and medium voltage power distribution, and control devices. We offer a competitive salary and commission package with medical and 401K offered.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.