Quality Control Electrical Test Technician/Engineer
ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment, Los Angeles, CA
ROMAC / PCI is looking to hire a full-time quality control technician. The QC technician is responsible for testing and inspecting low and medium voltage electrical equipment up to 38kV. Applicants without experience testing medium voltage equipment will not be considered.
- Utilize company provided test equipment to verify products will perform in a safe and functional manner before leaving the plant. Ensure the product meets the intent and/or specifications of the customer.
- Ensure existing quality standards are met. Develop and implement new standards where needed. Establish and implement an in-process inspection system that can reduce rework and improve product quality. Establish and implement a certification program for NETA, PEARL, ANSI and UL standards.
- Document and record all test results in test report database
- Ensure test equipment is calibrated annually, and that it is kept in a reliable and functional condition.
- Train new and existing technicians in the proper use of test equipment, in the proper use of testing standards, and the proper interpretation of those standards. Establish procedures to certify test equipment was used, and standards were followed properly.
- Review large project work specifications and set up test and/or inspection work scope at beginning of the project.
- Clerical duties include but are not limited to: Maintaining RGA database, Q.C. test report database and Q.C. release log database.
- 5+ Years direct experience with test equipment and testing standards.
- Experience testing medium voltage electrical equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and work with detailed electrical test specifications, schematics and diagrams.
- Knowledge of ANSI, NEMA, NETA and UL standards.
- Understanding of safety proceedures and standards in a shop environment.
About ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment
ROMAC Electrical Power Equipment is the parent company of Power Controls Inc (PCI), Hardware Resource Company (HRC), and ROMAC Supply. We are a leading manufacturer, re-manufacturer, and supplier of low and medium voltage power distribution, and control devices. We offer a competitive salary and commission package with medical and 401K offered.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.